You can also visit this link to watch a video on insertion and removal.
Rose K2 is a family of Gas Permeable lenses each with special features to fit patients with different needs.
They come in many different shapes and sizes, ranging from a standard 7.6mm diameter GP lens to a 16.0mm diameter semi-scleral lens.
Each of the lenses from the Rose K2 family has aberration control aspheric optics, resulting in outstanding visual acuity, reduced flare and glare.
They are custom made with toric peripheral curves, Asymmetric Corneal Technology (ACT) and are available in front, back, or bi-toric designs.
- Pellucid Marginal Degeneration
- Post Graft Cornea
- Post-LASIK ectasia
- Post-penetrating Keratoplasty
- Dry eyes.
Wash your hands before handling the contact lens.
Setup an area with a mirror and a lint free towel.
Place the lens on the tip of your finger; thoroughly inspect the lens to make sure the lens edge is not damaged or chipped and that it is free from debris.
Place the lens on the index finger and pull the lower lid down using the ring finger of the same hand.
Pull up on the upper lid by firmly grabbing at the lash line. Hold the lid steady while concentrating on not blinking
Look at the mirror and gently place the lens directly onto the cornea.
The lens should easily come off your finger as you approach the cornea with the lens!
Setup an area with mirror and a lint free towel to catch the lens.
There are quite a few ways to remove your RGP:
- Open eye very wide, so neither lids are touching the RGP
- Pull outer corner of your eyelids towards the temple
- With a hard blink, the lens should just pop out.
- Hold the upper lid by the index finger and the lower lid by the middle finger..
- Apply lateral traction to the lids
- Squeeze the lens off by a scissors motion.
- It is a little rubber tool with a suction cup at one end.
- Wet the tip of the DMV with a drop of conditioning solution.
- Look straight at the plunger as you bring it closer to the lens.
- Gentle pressure will make the lens adhere to the cup, then take the contact lens from your eye.
- Recommended replacement schedule for RGP lenses is every 3-5 years with Clean & Polish by a contact lens fitter annually.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery when ordering your replacement lenses.